Southwestern Style Sterling Silver and Turquoise Cross
THIS CROSS MUST BE SPECIAL ORDERED
This Southwestern Style Sterling Silver and Turquoise Cross is a Beautiful Artisan Hand Fabricated Pendant. It is featuring Genuine Sleeping Beauty Turquoise set in Sterling Silver and is part of my Cross Your Heart Fall Collection. This bold and beautiful piece of art jewelry is adorned with a gorgeous Sterling Silver Radiant Heart Charm in the center.
The famous Sleeping Beauty mine is located outside of Globe, Arizona and produces blue to light blue turquoise with little to no matrix. Sleeping Beauty Turquoise is one of the most highly revered and sought after stones, because of its light pale-blue color.
Sleeping Beauty Turquoise
Sleeping Beauty turquoise was originally discovered by Native Americans during the Anasazi period and used for trade with the Central and South American indigenous people. In fact, there was a large trading network at Pueblo Bonito for just for turquoise during this time period.
The mine was rediscovered and used for copper and gold—that is before there was a surplus of turquoise found. The boom had come in the 1970s and 1980s for Sleeping Beauty turquoise because of its Robin Egg blue color and little to no webbing. The mine could meet the beauty standards and the consumer demand, so it quickly became world-renowned.
The Sleeping Beauty mine was closed in 2012, making its turquoise even more valuable. https://picklebarreltradingpost.com/
This Southwestern Style Sterling Silver and Turquoise Cross is 1.5″ L including bale x 1 5/8″ W. The cross is accompanied by a free, 18 inch sterling silver chain. The Heart Centerpiece measures approximately 14x10mm and the turquoise cabochon is approximately 5mm
- Your item will be made in the order it was purchased
- Allow 3 to 10 business days before your item ships. If you need it sooner, please convo me.
- A confirmation and tracking # will be emailed to you once it’s at the post office
- Your item has a lifetime warranty for normal wear.
- All jewelry arrives at your specified destination in my Signature Gift Box. If it is a gift being sent directly to your recipient, please leave me a message at checkout with the shipping details and your choice for a personal note and I will include a gift receipt and a personal note as requested.
Thank you for visiting Sally Hoffman Designs and supporting handmade!!
ALL OF MY JEWELRY IS PROUDLY CREATED IN MY HOME STUDIOS IN GREEN VALLEY AND PINETOP, ARIZONA, USA